· Select equipment and material by examining the oral health of the patient
· Prepare patients for treatment by welcoming, seating, draping, and soothing patient
· Maintain instrumentation by sterilizing, sharpening, and selecting instruments
· Apply fluoride and other agents to prevent cavities
· Clean patients’ teeth using a variety of methods and tools
· Prepare and take dental x-rays
· Detect disease by examining gums, screening for oral cancer, and assessing levels of periodontal disease
· Prepare and administer treatment plans
· Educate patients about good oral hygiene including plaque control and postoperative instructions
· Administer anesthetics
· Document services by recording dental histories and recording visits in patient’s chart
· Maintain a clean and safe working environment by complying with regulations, rules, and procedures
· Maintain dental supplies inventory by checking stock and placing orders
· Maintain patient confidentiality
Dental Hygienist Job Requirements
Associate or Bachelors degree in dental hygiene Dental hygienist state license Basic life support certification Maintain annual HIPAA, Infection Control, and OSHA training as required by law Ability to use a variety of dental technologies Good verbal and written communication skills
Last updated: (12/17/20)
Lyons Dental Care operates https://www.lyonsdentist.com/. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name ("Personal Information").
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data").
This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this …
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that ...
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.